VonZel2016: Wedding Supplier Review

Our love story is more than a decade in the making. Thirteen years to be exact. We’ve been through hell together and we’ve fought the e...

Our love story is more than a decade in the making. Thirteen years to be exact. We’ve been through hell together and we’ve fought the entire monsters along the way. Looking at it, we are always being tested. It’s never an easy path. But we are grateful that after a year of tirelessly planning our wedding, we have succeeded. It was not the perfect wedding that we’ve dreamed of, but we are glad that we are finally in each other’s arms. Thank you dear God!



As I have mentioned on my previous entries, we were on a limited budget. So I have scoured the web just to get deals from wedding suppliers. Unfortunately, not all of them are worth the price. It was too disheartening. But what can we do? The damage has been done. And so, after almost a year of being married, finally, I’ll be sharing our wedding suppliers’ reviews.

SUPPLIERS

Ratings will be given. Five stars will be highest and one is the lowest.

CATERER: Dories Catering ⋆⋆


We thought everything went well. Not until we came home and heard all the complaints from our relatives.


PROS


Colorful stage decorations. By the way, the letters R and V and the heart design is my work of art.

  • The food was great! It was  delicious. I would have eaten two rounds if I was only a guest. 
  • Our backdrop looked amazing! It was beautifully created and was really colorful in photos. We really loved it!
  • Our bridal car chauffeur was nice. I even had a chat with him while waiting for my cue to come out from the car. He even congratulated us. And for that, we gave him a tip. Thanks Kuya Driver :)
Thumbs up for the delicious food ^_^



CONS
  • Their semi-full wedding package includes free chocolate fountain, bubble machine and tarpaulin. But only the chocolate fountain was provided among these. We even bought candies and biscuits for the cocktails. However, it turned out that the candy buffet station was barely touched as it was hidden in the corner of the venue.
  • We brought our own lechon. To be specific, two lechons. My aunt and grandmother went out to look for the comfort room during the cocktails. But to their surprise, they saw the staff already chomping on it. They confronted the crew and they stopped immediately while smirking. How f$%@*^ rude!!!
  • As what I previously mentioned, their servers were ill-mannered. We paid for 160 guests and yet, they did not served the food to the guests who asked for more. In addition to that, during the slideshow and SDE presentation, my father saw the head waitress packing some of the dishes in a plastic bag. Everyone was enjoying the video and so this lady took the chance to fill her container with food! What the?!!!
  • The sound system was part of the package. I have no complains with their service except that some of the songs on the list I gave them was not played.
  • Menu cards on the table were incorrectly labelled; no registration corner and the guests’ tables were plain-looking.

  • I requested to make a donut cake tower for our wedding. I gave them a reference to copy as I want it to look whimsical. However, it turned out looking like a birthday cake. Aside from that, the donuts were only about 20 pieces. My request was to place three dozens of donuts on the tower.
It doesn't look like a wedding cake :(



BOOK THEM AGAIN? John and JL were really nice to talk with. But their new crew was out of hand. So my decision is NO! NEVER AGAIN. Once is already enough as they’ve given us too much disappointment. We don’t want to experience another nightmare with them. By the way, we have raised these concerns and they informed us that they'll investigate the incident. Unfortunately, I still did not receive a response from them until now.




RECEPTION VENUE: Don Jose Heights Club House ⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆


I’m giving this supplier a high-five for being one of the nicest and easiest supplier to communicate with. There were no hassles at all. Although their rate is a bit over our budget for the reception venue, we still opted to hold the after-wedding rites shiz in this clubhouse because of its vicinity.




BOOK THEM AGAIN? Definitely Yes! Maybe on our future kids’ birthday I guess.


ON-THE-DAY COORDINATOR (Emcee included): 7Ten5 Events ⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆

I'm telling you. This team can do magic. 

Our wedding will not be as fun and memorable without the 7ten5 Events team's amazing coordination. And I thank my fellow Iglesia ni Cristo bride for recommending this impressive team.

PROS


  • We met Ka Lowell (the emcee and main coordinator) once. And we only saw him again on our wedding day. We only communicated through Facebook messenger and yet everything went well. I just had to fill up the document he sent me and told me that he'll do the rest.
  • Their rate for their On-the-day coordination including the hosting was a steal. They exceeded our expectation thus we gave them an additional tip for the job well done.
  • During the wedding day, they were early. As soon as they arrived, they started to do their magic. Ka Anjo, organized the DIY crafts I made. My bride assistant, Ms. Sheena was attentive and helped me from the hotel until the end of the program. Ka Lowell, was supervising the others as well. It was one hell of a busy day, but they looked calm and everything was well coordinated.
  • While the guests are waiting for us at the reception hall, Ka Lowell serenaded the crowd by singing a song. The games were also entertaining that me and my husband were already wondering why our guests were laughing out loud.
  • There was no dull moment during the reception. I can see everyone with smiles on their faces. One of our sponsors had no sleep and planned to leave the reception after eating. But thanks to Ka Lowell for the exceptional hosting that everyone stayed until the end.

CONS
  • They don't have a registration table. Hoping that for their next event, they would set-up their own registration area.


BOOK THEM AGAIN? 100 % yes! The overwhelming feedback from our guests is enough to convince us that this team is extraordinary. They made our wedding memorable and I can't wait to book them again for my future kids' birthday party.

HOTEL: SEAMEO Innotech ⋆⋆⋆⋆

If you’re looking for a budget-friendly hotel and not particular with the interiors within Quezon City, I will definitely recommend SEAMEO Innotech!

PROS
  • The receptionist and guards are nice and accommodating. We were welcomed by genuine smiles and greetings.
  • The bridal room was spacious and can accommodate around 8 people at a time.
  • Their lobby looked traditional but I love its simplicity.
  • They are not strict with food deliveries or additional guests. Just inform them ahead of time of names of the other parties coming in and your good to go.
  • Rates are cheap and within the budget. However, do not expect more on the overall look of the hotel.


CONS
  • As it is a budget hotel, the halls and the view outside are a bit eerie and creepy. It was the ghost month and rainy season as well, hence adding the scary mood in the hotel. Booooo~
  • I did not know that a drone will be used for our SDE and we're surprised that they took a top view video of the hotel. And it did not looked good as the roofs’ paints are starting to peel off. Yikes!


BOOK THEM AGAIN? Why not! But for a wedding, I think I’ll look for another alternative.


GOWNS AND SUITS: Lydia Nonato Bridal Boutique ⋆⋆⋆

I have a dream wedding gown. But if I wanted to get an exact replica of it, it will be too expensive. Thus I settled with my second plan – get a cheaper gown that will just hide my scars and unwanted fats (‘coz I know, diet will not make me slimmer again).

As my fiancé was getting grumpy that day from the long walks we had at Divisoria, in the heat of that summer afternoon, I impulsively choose this small boutique situated in the alleys of Ilaya.


My lovely wedding gown.


PROS
  • The owner, Ate Lydia was nice and accommodating. I also love how she shares her ideas regarding the design I want.
  • The rate she quoted for the bridal gown, entourage and kids’ gowns and the suits were a real-deal.
  • She promised to deliver the finished item within two months. And she did.
  • One of the kids’ dresses was too small because of the incorrect measurements we gave her. We had to return it and she gladly fixed the dress.
  • My husband's suit was elegant. I gave her the peg I want and she altered it based on my husband's built. He looked dashing on that suit.



CONS
  • We got the order on the promised date. However, we had to wait for more than three hours to get the entourage gowns.
  • The output of the gowns was as expected. But when I carefully looked at it, I saw some ripped parts. Hence, I had to fix it myself.
  • I requested to have a laced hem for my wedding gown. She refused as the skirt is too soft. But upon checking a gown from another shop, my request is workable. Ugh!



BOOK THEM AGAIN? Hmmm. I’m not so sure. Maybe Yes or No. 

HAIR and MAKE-UP: Elsie Libunao Make-up Artistry ⋆⋆⋆⋆


I've already mentioned on my previous post how amazing my grooming team was (check out my  post from my pre-wedding shoot on this link: https://thefangirlmusings.blogspot.com/2016/06/onk-pre-wedding-photo-session.html). I was not expecting much on my wedding but I think, they did a good job on my big day too.




PROS
  • Among the list of hair and make-up suppliers I've listed, Ms. Elsie offers the best package and a 'more natural' transformation. 
  • They arrived the earliest at the hotel and they immediately set up their 'magic' tools to start the session. Polite as usual.
  • I specifically told her to make my wedding day look more natural. Which she did :)
Noona neomu yeppeo
  • My mom and maid-of-honor also liked their transformation. Mom was boasting it for days. Hahaha



CONS
  • I love my wedding ceremony look. However, my reception hairstyle was not the one I've requested. I think I still look good though.



BOOK THEM AGAIN? A hundred percent yes!

PHOTO AND VIDEO: Cupcake Cinema ⋆⋆⋆


While I gave them praises on my previous post for our engagement shoot, this time it will be different. I've only realized their flaws after the wedding. I'm a frustrated photographer hence, I'm too particular with photos. And because it's my wedding, I want to make those snaps from my big day be beautiful and memorable. But reality hits me when I received the raw photos. I'm not happy with the output. Yes, I'm disappointed. Anyway, lesson learned :(


PROS


  • I got a very affordable rate for the photo and video package. I was lucky to lock in the price and reserve it for over a year.
  • The crew are really nice and easy to talk with. 
  • They have exceeded our expectation for our SDE. It was beautiful! They even used a drone which is not part of the package with purchased. I can't have Jason Magbanua for my big day. But atleast, I have Cupcake Cinema :) 
  • I love that they used the background music I suggested for our SDE. And it perfectly suits the wedding video.


CONS


  • They arrived late. I'm almost done with my make up when they came. I asked them why they are late and told me that they thought the wedding was at 4PM. But a day before the event, my coordinator called them to remind of the wedding timeline.
  • The photographer assigned to me has a good portfolio. But when they sent me the photos, I was devastated. I don't have a decent solo shot wearing my gown. Not even a good photo with my entourage, unlike with my husband. I'm too disappointed that I'm annoyed just by looking at the raw photos.
  • I only received the photo album after 10 months. Why? Because they were too busy with other schedules and activities and I had to request them to revise the layouts and colors of the photos.
  • The DVD copies are not yet done. I think I had to wait for more weeks to get it.


BOOK THEM AGAIN? Hmmm Yes? But please not that photographer again.



SOUVENIRS (for VIPs): Dreality Souvenirs ⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆

Dreality Bath Set includes 100ml lotion, shower gel, cologne and body scrub. By the way, we had these on D & G Light Blue scent.


While looking for a gift for our principal sponsors, I stumbled upon a blog promoting Dreality Souvenirs. As I really want something useful and can be enjoyed by our sponsors, I've decided to book them.



PROS

  • The only supplier that I did not meet personally were the owners of Dreality Souvenirs. All our transaction are done via Facebook Messenger. Their effort to communicate with the client is truly remarkable. Not all suppliers can do that. Thus, I will definitely recommend Dreality Souvenirs to my family and friends. With their products uniqueness and affordability, I'm pretty sure, it will be a hit as well.
  • Giving them a 5-star review will not be enough for all the effort they have exerted to cater our wedding needs. Carlo was very accommodating and responsive to all my queries. I even thought that I was talking to her wife as he was really nice. His wife, Andrea (the owner), on the other hand was able to design the cover/labels of the items as I envisioned. Thumbs up!
BOOK THEM AGAIN? Oh absolutely YES! We even ordered another dozen after our wedding. 

FLORIST: Ysabela Florists ⋆⋆⋆

I booked this florist, (aside from the fact that they are a fellow brethren) because I've been reading good reviews regarding their services. However I did not foresee that I'll be disappointed in communicating with the owner.

PROS

  • We got an affordable rate for the wedding package.
  • Although it was not the floral arrangement that I want, my husband was happy with the outcome.

CONS

  • A month before the wedding, I was unable to contact the owner. I was trying to make an appointment with her as she had instructed during the wedding expo. But I did not received a single response. I had to request my husband to talk to her instead because I might lose my cool. Surprisingly, she responded to my husband.
  • I gave them a peg (which is a photo from their previous customer) and they agreed to have it for the same rate. But come my wedding day, I was surprised that they did not follow the design that I want.
The peg that I want...

... and the floral arrangement that they made for my wedding.

BOOK THEM AGAIN? Never again. Period.

PHOTOBOOTH : Shutter Monster Photo Booth ⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆

Photo booth services has been growing like mushrooms. It's evident that in every occasion, to make it unforgettable, a photo booth can be spotted as an offering for the guests. I had a handful of these services to choose from during the wedding planning. I'm glad that a highschool friend recommended Shutter Monster for our big day.

PROS


  • Their rate is very affordable. I've checked their page again and they still offer the same rate we had last year. 
  • Nariese and her partner (owners) was nice and accommodating. Dealing with them was as easy as 1,2,3. And during the session, they were very gentle with the guests. Unlike from what we had experience on a previous wedding, where the operator was rude with the guests.
  • You can request for the design you want.
  • All of my guests enjoyed the unlimited photo session. They emptied the film prints and inks. Hahahaha

WEDDING BAND: Zoey ⋆⋆⋆


My review on our wedding bands can be found here:
https://thefangirlmusings.blogspot.com/2015/10/onk-wedding-suppliers-update.html


BOOK THEM AGAIN? Hmmmm. Not at the moment


CHURCH: Iglesia ni Cristo – Locale of Pilot ⋆⋆⋆

There are things better left unsaid. So here's a bit of my review on this locale.

PROS
  • It's not as big as the locale of Capitol and the interior is not as grand as well. But considering its location, the church is perfect for our wedding.
  • The deacon and deaconess and the choir members were all nice that we have our photos with them as well.


BOOK THEM AGAIN? If you are just within the vicinity, why not! It might not be as grand as the locale of Capitol but it can be a nice alternative.

WEDDING CRAFTS: Zeru Paints ⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆


Wedding DIY made by yours truly


Last but not the least, are my wedding crafts. It took me half a year to finish everything. From the layout of the invitations and designing the logos; and cutting and twirling of the felt cloth for the bouquets, corsages and boutonnieres, I made it all by myself! 

My hardwork paid off after looking at the output. I'm really happy with the result. Should I start doing this as a business?

******




We've allotted more than a year for wedding preparations, but there are instances that it's still not enough to complete everything. So, ask help if you're in need. I'm pretty sure, a helping hand is just around the corner.

Always research.  I would also suggest to join wedding groups as all the posts and ratings will help you a lot!

Do not expect too much. I trusted my photo team to deliver the best during that day. 
But it's disappointing that I'm starting to hate looking at wedding photos because of what they have done. Lesson learned.

If you've booked your wedding on the month of June onwards, expect rain and be ready for it. There was an impending storm on our wedding day and it's been raining all night. Luckily, everything still went well.

Nevertheless, we are still grateful with all of these suppliers. They exerted their best to provide a first rate services. And with that, THANK YOU VERY MUCH!



Thank you for reading this long and overdue post! 
Happy preps!


You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. I am attending a wedding expo philippines this February for preparing my wedding next year. Many of my friends suggest that to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry for the late reply! Yes wedding expos is a big help. Some suppliers also offer huge discounts when you book them on the spot. I remember a photo and video supplier offered us a 50% discount. Unfortunately, we had to turn down the offer because I already booked a P&V. Were you able to attend the wedding expo?

      Delete

Share your insights!

All rights reserved. The Fangirl Musings. Powered by Blogger.